Rabu, 30 Mei 2012

Standing At The T-Junction


There’s a saying that I’ve always keep it
in one of my cabinet of principles,
“Choose a choice where one will
offer you on what you NEED,
NOT what you WANT” ,
Such phrases that never fail to teach me
on reaching to what we only NEED
first instead of what we WANT,
to what we want LONG TERM later
instead of the SHORT TERM now,
by choosing wisely from thousand choices
that presented itself in many forms.



I’ve learnt that not all choices would favor our way
or how we thought it would be,
well that’s the beauty of life where it is always
randomly unpredictable though many ‘thought’
to make it seems predictable,
not like in the movies where the end of it
are always cliché.
I have my own fair shares of limited choices
where it is the only choice served on my plate
though it’s not what I’m proud off to make,
but needed to be done nevertheless and
just to make it through the night.


The only main blueprint for me to endure
these harsh circumstances is to always
keep a wise mind and to never press
the surrender button just yet
till your very able-body says so.
Always bear in my mind that God only offers us
choice that are made for ourselves and
never beyond our reaches,
because if life is so perfect, we won’t
have criminals roaming our streets,
parents divorcing at the end of the day,
unemployed personal looking for jobs,
poverty all over or even the
word UGLY in the dictionary isn’t?
So what are we actually complaining for PERFECTION
though we will always know there’s only IMPERFECTION
among all of us?
Why are we living in
denial the first place?
You tell me.


The will be a time when we have to choose
between two separate yet enormous pathway
which leads to two different cycles,
one choice where we take our stand
and make our own choices,
equipped with pure guts and bold heart
that break the dominance of people’s influences?
Or another choice where we take most
of the account of people’s thoughts
rather than giving ourselves
the privilege to make our own choices?


I’ve made some few hard choices that were
‘make or break’ with a big warning sign on it too
these last few weeks though I know the list of
consequences that may occur
on the way before that,
But at least I’ve made a call rather than delaying it
for God know for what later in life or should I say,
running away from dealing with it like most people
would normally go for it.


Sometimes it is hard to look at the mirror
because we know it will never be the same face
we’ll be seeing on the mirror,
But at least it’s a face I rather see
than some other faces of the people that made
choices based on their foundation of selfishness
without the room for sympathy regarding to themselves,
at least I’ve made choices after a stern
consideration by viewing it through a large spectrum all over,
taking full responsibilities for my call by swallowing it down my throat like a man and march forward with all that awkwardness hanging around my neck.


Answer this yourself, would you dare to say that you will never regret of you choices later that were made to please the growing expectation of other people around you initially rather than to fill your cup of expectation first?
Would you dare to put on the ‘proud’ nametag on your chest though you yourself never sincere in believing yourself in capable of choosing the right path for yourself?
I’ve made my stand by facing the risk of my own choices,
were you?

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan